Sexual abuse is sadly all too common, and there are victims all over our country. Have you ever considered therapy for sexual abuse in Bethlehem, PA? Not every survivor of sexual abuse will need therapy, but you should know that it can really help. The following is a list of the top 10 signs that you need therapy for sexual abuse:
- You feel like you are undeserving of love, and you constantly feel like you are not good enough.
- It is difficult for you to make love in certain positions, or maybe even not at all.
- You struggle with addiction, whether it be alcoholism, sex addiction, pornography addiction, eating addiction or almost any other form of addiction.
- You abuse yourself. This could be cutting, burning or picking at yourself.
- You feel dirty all the time, and you constantly feel like you need a shower.
- You often hear sexual innuendos in regular conversations, even when there aren’t any.
- You don’t dress appropriately for your size or for the weather, like wearing a baggy sweatshirt when it is 90° out.
- It is uncomfortable for you to have water hitting your face, like in the shower or in the pool.
- There are “dead zones” on your body, spots on your body where you can’t tell if your wet or if you have a bruise.
- Your emotional, spiritual and physical boundaries are blurred or nonexistent.
The above signs are common symptoms of sexual abuse, but keep in mind that they aren’t the only signs. If you feel like you can’t move on from your abuse and your future is in a constant shadow from it, then it is time to consider starting therapy.