Are you in a relationship with a sex addict? Even if they have confronted and started seeking treatment for their sex addiction in Conshohocken, PA, it can be difficult not to feel hurt or betrayed. At Sexual Addiction Treatment Centers we offer therapy for not only sex addicts, but their partners, and we are dedicated to giving you the support that you need. The following is a list of tips for living with your partner’s sex addiction:
- Get support- During this trying time, your spouse isn’t the only one that will need support, you will too. You don’t have to live with your spouse’s addiction, close-lipped and on your own. Get the help and support that you need by turning to Sexual Addiction Treatment Services.
- Confront the elephant in the room- Ignoring the elephant in the room is an unhealthy behavior for your own well being and for your spouse’s recovery. It is okay to talk with your partner about their addiction!
- Do your research- In order to support your partner throughout their treatment, you need to understand what they are going through. Do your research about sex addiction.
- Set boundaries- Boundaries are important in any relationship, but especially for someone in a relationship with a sex addict. Setting boundaries will help you to feel like you can still maintain a level of order, even when your life feels like it is in constant chaos.
- Feel what you feel- Many partners of sex addicts feel that they have to be strong for the other person, and they shut themselves down to the pain they are feeling. Your feelings and emotions are just as valuable as your partner’s, so feel what you feel and don’t be ashamed of it!